July 30, 2010

Singing in the Rain

While snuggling in bed and watching My Name is Earl, Husband and I suddenly heard raindrops!  We opened our blinds to see this:


The rain was pounding down! 
That's one thing I love about Arizona summers: the monsoons.
So, like any other crazy person would do, I grabbed my umbrella and headed out.
Husband settled onto the couch and watched me gallivant outside.

Deciding whether to step off of the porch...

Spotting a puddle that looks splash-worthy, but feeling slightly immature...

Hello Id, goodbye Ego.


After months of 100+ days and greedy rainclouds, this was the moment I'd been waiting for!  I usually don't splash about, but our lack of a backyard means you're either inside or outside.

I chose outside.


According to the news, the sky dumped a half-inch of rain in less than an hour.  Apparently, as you can tell from the palm tree above, it was raining sideways!

No comments:

Post a Comment