November 24, 2010

Thankful for Teachings

My mom taught me:


To believe in myself, to never let anyone bring me down, that she loved me more than her own life, that I am beautiful, that I am talented, that I am smart, that I have to smile and wave back at people, and that the Church is true.

 My dad taught me:


That it’s not okay to be average or second-best, that education is invaluable, how a man should treat a woman, how a father should treat his children, that one must be honest in all things, that I had to be married in the temple, and that he loves me unconditionally.

My brothers taught me:


Patience, to avoid toothbrushes that look yellow (soap), how to forgive, how to nurture, how to smile, and they are still teaching me how to communicate.

My extended family taught me:


How to laugh, what it felt like to be spoiled, how to throw great parties, how to enjoy the holidays, that they would support all of my decisions, and what the world looks like.

My husband taught me:


How to strive for perfection, how it feels to have a best friend, what cuddling should feel like, that I am the only one that he has ever wanted, that a woman’s greatest achievement is raising righteous children, the meaning of true love, and that I am in charge of my own happiness.

My new family taught me:


That big families are exciting and don’t have to be weird, that I want to have a lot of grandchildren when I’m old, and that it feels amazing to be an aunt.

My friends taught me:


That I can be a bad friend sometimes, that good friends are VERY few and far between, how to be silly, how to be spontaneous, how to feel young, and how to trust.

I am so lucky to have such wonderful people in my life.  They brighten each day and are always challenging me to better myself.

2 comments:

  1. Im so grateful to be in your blog!

    And the bad friend part made me sad, I think you're a fantastic friend, when you text me back ;)

    Love you mucho Kier.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are my treasure!!
    Love your greatest fan,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete