April 4, 2011

Spring Sprung

When I told Husband that we would be participating in the very cliché event that is Spring Cleaning, I was expecting a lot of pushback. To my chagrin, I didn’t even get a little bit of pushback, let alone a lot. The husband was ready and willing, so there would be no backing out of this resolution.

We took a look at our bookcase and got rid of a few books. I wanted to dispose of “Grapes of Wrath,” since I’ve never been able to get past the third chapter in that dang book. Husband convinced me to keep it because it is a “classic.”

Well, do you know what else is a classic? “Old Man and the Sea” by Ernest Hemingway. And in case you didn’t know, that is the worst book in the history of the world. If I could find every copy and burn it, I would. If you are offended by this, then I am offended that you would enjoy a book that goes a little something like this:

I am a fisherman. I caught a really big fish. Ouch, my hands hurt. Ouch, my hands are bleeding. The End. Wow, I just wasted ten hours of my life.

Speaking of books, out of the twenty that we have tried to sell online, we have only sold one so far:

“And They Were Not Ashamed: Strengthening Marriage through Sexual Fulfillment.”

Awkward.

In the office/soon-to-be-nursery, Husband decluttered the majority of his behemoth desk. While I appreciate the work that he did, I still want to take a flamethrower to that monster. We succeeded in purging a lot of crap and I felt quite successful afterwards. Now, I just need to find some boxes to transport everything to Goodwill, the place where popular bloggers are like, “Look at these awesome things that I found,” and I’m like, “Gosh, this place has no clothes my size and all the décor looks like it was taken from my really unfashionable grandmother’s house.” (Not you, Mimi.)

I would tell you more about our cleaning adventures, but I’m sure you’ve probably had enough. So, I will not tell you about my box of treasures, which contains all of the movie stubs that I have collected over the past five years. There’s nothing else to tell.

1 comment:

  1. Do you think that lady from Boise would want two copies?

    ReplyDelete