September 12, 2011

Sleepy Smiles

Clara eats for 30-45 minutes every 1-3 hours, so we spend a lot of time together, especially while the sun and the whole world are sleeping.  (I guess that's nature's way of keeping momma and offspring close, to protect from rogue monkeys and big, baby-eating snakes.)


I am one who loved sleep in her former life - all 8 hours, every night!

While living in the sorority house, I had my closet rearranged, my underwear hung from the chandelier, my pants pulled down while holding a lunch tray, and my clothes stolen out of the shower on numerous occasions.  (I would like to mention that all of these pranks were pulled by the same prankster.)  But the only prank that boiled my blood, so to speak, was the time that I was attacked with a fake lion and my blanket was stolen... in my sleep.

Nope, I was not happy about my sleep being disturbed.

For some crazy and surprising reason, the Kieren Mom has let go of her obsession with 8 hours of sleep and has decided that she will probably miss middle-of-the-night-feedings when she is an old biddy.  With that in mind, she tries to see the bright side every time she hears those telltale whimpers coming from the crib next to her.

Besides, where would she be without watching the sunrise every morning, big Clara burps, changing poopy diapers in the dim light, and the milky smiles?

And is there anything cuter a sleeping baby?






1 comment:

  1. Im glad to see you enjoyed all those pranks. :) Makes me miss you even more.

    Hopefully Clara chooses ADPi one day. :) Cutest legacy ever!

    love ya!

    ReplyDelete