November 10, 2011

Kieren Sews: Clara's Blessing Dress


Remember this cute little girl, all decked out in white?  Well, it just so happens that she's wearing a handmade dress, designed especially for her, by her mother, the amateur seamstress.

Long before Clara, back when stranger babies would cry when I held them, I decided that I would make blessing outfits for my future children.  Did I know how to sew or own a sewing machine?  Not in the slightest.

As helpful as it would have been to practice infant formal wear construction, I had only ever managed to make a pair of curtain panels and a skirt before this dress.  Yikes.

Needless to say, this...


became a pattern for this...



I'm still a little bit shocked that it turned out so well.  I owe a lot of credit to this tutorial and my sister-in-law, who serged the ugly parts and put on the buttons.

I hope that this little dress can survive in storage until Clara is old enough to one day (hopefully) appreciate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment