January 30, 2012

A Girl and Her Daddy


Those first few weeks of parenthood are a curious mix of magic, sleep deprivation, and what-the-heck-are-we-doing.  For awhile there, I think we were both intimidated by our little one.  I could be found taking copious notes on nap times and diaper contents, while Husband was turning his parental rights over to the boobs.  

'I think she's hungry' ... 5 minutes later ... 'you should feed her' ... 5 minutes later ... 'I think she wants the boob' ... 5 minutes later ... 'but I don't have boobs!'

Needless to say, I think the daddy-daughter relationship is starting to bloom.  


And oh how it melts my heart.

3 comments:

  1. i think all men are alike with the first babe. they have no idea what to do so mom always seems like the best answer. i love these pictures. followed you over from nat the fat rat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those pictures are great, and your description of new baby fathering is spot-on.

    ReplyDelete