June 29, 2012

Friends and Deer Burgers




On occasion, Husband will do this funny thing where he calls me at 4:00 and tells me that we are having friends over for dinner at 6:30, though he promises to be home by 5:00.  What inevitably happens is the following:

The kitchen looks like the scene of a grocery store massacre. 
My tablecloth is a piece of un-hemmed fabric with a square cut out of one corner.
Clara helps with the cooking by bear hugging my legs and screaming at the top of her lungs... for an hour.
Husband gets home at 6:00, after all the food is prepped.
I serve gourmet deer burgers on dollar store hamburger buns.

And I spend the entire night thinking:

"Gosh, Lincoln is so cute!!"
"Why don't we get together more often??"

And finally:

The beans get left out overnight and I spend the next day mourning the loss of my leftover lunch possibilities.

So there's that.

1 comment:

  1. HAHAHA Steve and I are laughing so hard right now! Im sorry that we put such stress on you...i know exactly how you feel! Dinner was fabulous and the company was even better. We had the best time, especially Lincoln and he told me as I tucked him in for bed that night that next time we see Clara he was going to kiss her not push her down, climb on her and take her toys! Next time call me and I'd love to bring something...the buns perhaps :)

    ReplyDelete