May 4, 2011

Slightly Sappy, but So Neccessary

I have needed a major attitude adjustment lately (as my wise mother would say), because really, I am happy, healthy, and the recipient of countless blessings.  

So, what more can I ask for?

My number one blessing, without a doubt, is my dearest husband.  Whether he is doing "the walking fingers on my back" while we watch Jack Bauer kick some rear, suggesting ways for me to better myself (actually talking to people = the nice thing to do), cooking me waffles (so I can top them with ice cream and strawberries), sitting through a 3-hour birthing class when he needs to study, or telling me how much he loves the baby belly... I am always his favorite.

He takes his last final on Tuesday and I am more than excited!!  It will be wonderful to have the nights to ourselves, to move on the next chapter in our lives, to save a little bit of money.

It's only me and him for a few more months and in a way, it makes me sad.
I think I might miss this.

The next time that it's just the two of us... we will be old folks.  We won't be poor, we won't live in a tiny apartment with only the bare essentials, we won't have to carpool everywhere together.

Right now, we are in the midst of the best time of our lives... and I need to be more grateful.


Isn't marriage wonderful...
knowing that you will have your best friend by your side for the rest of your life?

Isn't eternal marriage wonderful...
knowing that you will have your best friend by your side for all of eternity?

Yes and double yes.

1 comment:

  1. Love the belly! Sorry you have been sad/stressed or whatever of late. Hope things work out!Loves!

    ReplyDelete