September 8, 2011

Fresh Cheese, Anyone?



Baby poop – such a miraculous, frightening specimen!

First, comes the meconium, which covers the little baby butt like black roofing tar.  Being that I have never roofed a house, I’m not sure about this analogy, but Husband didn’t deny it.  Therefore, it is like unto tar!!  And honestly, I can better imagine someone being covered in meconium, followed by feathers, so that is close enough for me. 

Also, you haven’t lived until you’ve witnessed a meconium fart.  Sticky substance + burst of air = ominous black balloon! 

(I’m starting to think that Clara saves these poop moments for her daddy, which makes me a little bit jealous.)


 Then, the poop turns green, as it lightens from black and loses some of its sticky quality, until finally, it resembles true baby poop, as far as I have experienced, anyway.

It is yellow and seed-like, unto Dijon mustard with mustard seeds.  (Only, again, I’ve never really seen a mustard seed.)  

Now, this is my favorite kind of baby poop so far.  It doesn’t smell, so that is a plus.  It often shoots out at high speeds when daddies are changing diapers, so that is exciting.  But the best part of this poop is something that I learned from Dr. Google.  

You see, those aren’t mustard seeds, they are curds! 

Yes, CHEESE CURDS.  Let me help you out here:

Once upon a time, there was a cow and the cow made a lot of milk.  The cow’s milk was taken to a dairy where they did dairy things to produce butter, milk (?), and, wait for it, cheese curds.


 Needless to say, I have been to the Tillamook Cheese Factory in Oregon and it was awesome.

1 comment:

  1. To be honest I just had the honor of experiencing cheese curds at a cheese factory in Wisconsin over the summer. They were slightly like eating erasers... and now I think they were a little like baby poo... lovely haha

    ReplyDelete