September 6, 2011

Our Day Today

Our day started with a 2:00 am feeding.  I woke up to my little girlfriend making funny noises in her crib, which is inches away from my side of the bed.  I admit it, I can't bear to have her in another room and until two days ago, I couldn't even sleep unless she was pressed up against my left side.  But daddy was right; we are all sleeping better now.

4:00 am... 6:00 am... 8:00 am... 9:00 am... 11:00 am

I am a nursing machine.

When we finally stumbled out of bed after the 9:00 am milk session, we were greeted by a box of Bosa's donuts.  I helped myself to a donut with maple frosting and sprinkles, half a strawberry frosted donut, and later, for lunch, a glazed donut.  Truth be told, it's not really a donut unless it has sprinkles.

(A big thank you and a big kiss to a very thoughtful husband.)


Clara was fussing, so I strapped her in the backpack and we tended to the back porch.  She really enjoys her koala status while I sweep up leaves and water the plants.  With her snoozing, I was able to throw on some quick make-up and, even though I swore I wouldn't do it, the navy blue dress that I have worn for at least 3 days every week for the past 4 months.

Then, I ate two ginger cookies.

Clara and I put our heads together and decided that we should brave an outing to the most exciting of stores: Target.  I thought she would sleep through the whole trip, but she was squawking by the time I got to the underwear aisle.  Luckily, she passed out on my shoulder and I was able to push the cart and select items with my right hand.  (I am pretty sure I have a miniature left bicep now.)

At the check out stand, I discovered that men suck and have no manners.  I held a newborn baby over my left shoulder and with my right hand, unloaded the basket, paid, and loaded the basket.  Oh no, it wasn't hard to maneuver a package of 36 rolls of toilet paper with one hand and an infant in the other, but thanks for asking, cashier man and customer man.

They should be ashamed of themselves.

Then, I halfway wished that Clara would start crying so that I'd have an excuse to nurse inside the Barnes and Noble while drinking an ice cold Starbucks treat.

No such luck.  Therefore, I headed to the dry cleaners where I didn't know anything about starching shirts.  

Whatever.

I spent the rest of my day eating a Swiss Roll, wishing someone would feed me, finishing the second book of the Hunger Games, and wondering if babies can nurse (purposely) without getting any milk out.  (In other words, am I a human pacifier?)



It was a good day.

I should probably wash my pillow case, as it is covered in milk drool.

No comments:

Post a Comment