October 15, 2011

Mine

I thought of you again tonight.  As my head rested upon my pillow and my world turned dark, I thought of you.

It's been so long since I've visited you in my memories, reached into the past to hold you.  I stood, again, in that place where you curled up inside of me and we shared what no one else could.  A familiar pang resonated in my heart when I remembered how we grew together, how we became one, and how my body let you go.

Though you're still with me and always will be, somehow you continue to slip through my fingers.  I've gained so much more than I've lost, but it still hurts when I realize that we are destined to forever grow apart. 


1 comment:

  1. AAGGG - Seriously Kieren! You're making me (and probably everyone else) cry! Thank you for putting into such eloquent words we us moms feel for our little sweeties!

    ReplyDelete