September 21, 2011

Crafty Kieren: The Felt Bow

Three cheers for a second, only-slightly-Clara-related post in two days!  


The Felt Bow

I took my inspiration for this sweet bow from the Lou and Lee Etsy shop.  This store has tons of cute baby girl accessories, namely their bows and flowers, which are the perfect size for a tiny newborn.

I couldn't find a tutorial for this type of bow online, so I winged it.  Usually this sort of endeavor ends up in the trash, but these bows were easier than I imagined.

First, I cut a long piece of felt, at the desired width.


One half is for the bow and the other is for the "tails" sticking out of the sides.


I used a pin to hold the bow together so that I could hand stitch the pieces together.  You will find that long stitches pulled tight will give the bow more definition.


Lastly, I cut a small and thin piece of felt to hide my stitches and give the bow a finished look.

As you will see in a later post, you can also eliminate the "tail" piece for a quicker and simpler bow.  It's really up to you.


1 comment:

  1. I loved the flower, but I am totally diggin the bow :) love you!

    ReplyDelete