September 20, 2011

Crafty Kieren: The Felt Peony

You know you're a mom when you wake up shirtless, covered in baby drool, your own drool, and a lot of milk.  Your hypothesis is confirmed when you follow this situation by eating ice cream straight from the carton and blogging... while still shirtless.

It's the mom way.

Nevertheless, this blog post is about relatively useful things, in comparison to the majority of my posts lately, which have been about babies on boobs and, ironically, written while babies are on the boob.  Alas, neither of those is the case today!!  Therefore, you are in for a real treat.

I present to you, my first baby girl tutorial:


The Felt Peony

Using this template and some cheap felt, I undertook some newborn peonies.  Since I'm not a fan of the popular flowers that are the size of a newborn noggin, I used only the smallest three petals.



I found it easiest to cut the pattern pieces out of computer paper, pin them onto the felt, and cut around the paper pieces.

Then, I selected a cute pearl for the middle of the flower and made up a little leaf shape or two to attach to the back.


And that's pretty much it, a cute flower in any size or color.  


Stay tuned.  I have two other types of flowers to show you, as well as a really cute bow.

(A stay at home mom has to do something!)


No comments:

Post a Comment